Monday, October 16, 2006

New Blog

Hello,
This is my first post to the Mr. Honer's Science Blog.
I'm still trying to decide how I will use it with my sixth grade classroom. I figured that it would evolve much as my teaching has evolved over the years.

I was just reading about the earthquakes in Hawaii and was struck by the fact that whenever I am teaching about a natural disaster (in this case, we have been discussing earthquakes for the last few weeks) something pops up in the news. Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans just as I was working on the same topic with my students. At least we could use the tragedy as a chance to learn and find out what we could do to serve others! That class raised over $2,000.00 for Katrina relief!
Let me know what you think.
Mr. Honer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi mr. honer i cant wait to go to north bay and do we get to stay the night at a hotel. mr.honer i've been in ur class i can not wait to do projects.Mr.Honer my favorite book in science is fiction. Mr.Honer my sister has been in ur class jazmyn delano and she said can she go to north bay with us please.

shaylad said...

r u going to teach u more about earthquake because i realy don't them but i have to learn about them but i realy hope they don't ever come to burd-town