Tuesday, October 17, 2006

great site to learn about the rock cycle

I am using a great website with my students today. We are learning about the rock cycle and I have them using the laptop computers here at school to visit this site:
http://www.classzone.com/books/earth_science/terc/content/investigations/es0602/es0602page02.cfm

The site is an animated and interactive depiction of the rock cycle that includes drawings and photographs of the different concepts including erosion and deposition and compaction and cementation.
The students are working in pairs to navigate the site and writing descriptions of the various animations.
One student told me she thought it was really cool. I think that is the general feeling.
Till next time,
Mr. Honer

1 comment:

shaylad said...

are rock cycles that good because i don't realy like them but i have to learn them